Monday 5 December 2011

எண்ணங்கள் ஆயிரம்...3

My First Special Effects Photo. . .


They say too much of anything is bad.  I had too much of "Mission Impossible" and MGR's dual role movies at that time. It was in 1978 that I came up with this concept of taking dual role photos. 

These photographs were taken by my RM14.00 HELINA camera. Never heard of this brand, right? ....me too.  It was a gift from my father for passing the LCE exam in 1974.
Before taking these photos, I had atleast 4 yrs of experience and with that I thought I should not be taking the normal stuffs but must be different from the others. 

During those days movies and tv series made with slow motion actions and dual role scenes were extremely popular. With that in mind, I tried taking something unique... like same person showing off his alter ego in one frame and to my surprise more or less it turned out the way I had wanted. And with some praises from those around me, I improvised the idea and within years and  was at a new and different dimension altogether.
( the above is the latest "dual role" photo with totally unique theme )

No comments:

Post a Comment